Accounting Controller Specialist
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Maureene Guzman
Job Ref 1769970/001
Date posted 10 June 2022philippines accountancy-finance/accountant 2022-06-16 2022-08-09 insurance Manila National Capital Region PH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading global insurance company is urgently recruiting for an Accounting Controller Specialist job. This job requires a candidate with strong a background and experience for accounting, internal and external audit.
About the Accounting Controller Specialist Role:
The role serves as the key contact for the finance group focusing on accounting controls, assessment review and reporting of internal controls over key processes and other related tasks.
- Serves as a key contact of the company’s finance team for the required financial statements and reporting certification supporting the quarterly HK IFRS FS Close
- Reviews bank and balance sheet reconciliation statements of GL and SL balances of the company’s accounts for any financial statement exposure. Reviews the same for compliance with the regional policies, and reports exceptions to account owners for rectification
- Monitors the level of the company’s suspense accounts in terms of balance and ageing of open items and communicates or highlights to Management root cause and needed actions to resolve these including financial impact
- Partners with controls and process owners in identifying root cause of unusual movements and long outstanding/uncleared items in suspense accounts and control issues raised through various channels such as internal audits, external audits and risk incidents
- Monitors rejected items and coordinates action steps to clear rejected entries for the company
- Prepares control reports (exposure assessment from GL vs SL reconciliation of all accounts and suspense monitoring report) and highlights results to the lead
- Serves as a key contact of group finance, PWC, and local process owners in coordinating the required annual ICFR independent testing program designed by group finance, which include detailed scope, timeline, and testing approach
- Reviews/validates adequacy and effectiveness of controls over financial reporting through validation of key process owners’ self-assessments (financial controls self-assessment or FCSA checklist)
- Performs post-audits of key processes/transactions and BSR assessments (based on prioritisation set every year)
- Assists in the implementation of department’s systems/process enhancements by reviewing soundness of accounting treatment
- Identifies processes that need enhancements and or automation to further strengthen existing controls
- Performs other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by supervisor in order to meet operational and/or other requirements
To succeed in this Accounting Controller Specialist role, you must be a CPA with experience in accounting, internal and external audit. A background in insurance is an advantage.
- Education – Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- Experience – at least five years of accounting/external/internal audit, with strong preference for resource coming from big four audit firms; experience in life insurance operations/processes is an advantage
- Certifications/licenses – Certified Public Accountant
- Special skills – partnership, communication, management and development, business knowledge and ownership, methodology and analytical skills
The leading insurance company does not need an introduction.
If you have the drive and determination to contribute your expertise in a fast-paced highly competitive environment this Accounting Controller Specialist role is for you.
Apply now or contact me to learn more.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: ManilaDate posted: 16 June 2022A leading global insurance company is urgently recruiting for an Accounting Controller Specialist job. This job requires a candidate with strong a background and experience for accounting, internal and external audit.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: MakatiDate posted: 23 June 2022An international bank is urgently seeking an Accounting Manager (International Bank) who will oversee the accounting team. The company is one of the continuously growing international banks in the Philippines whose business has aggressive growth plans in the coming years. Due to its aggressive plans of expansion, they are looking for proficient professionals to join their rising organisation in this job.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: MakatiDate posted: 01 June 2022An exciting General Ledger Manager (with Lease Accounting) job has just become available in one of the leading international retail companies in the Middle East. Based in their shared services office in Makati City, this role is part of a dynamic team within the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: National Capital RegionDate posted: 16 June 2022A leading global insurance company is urgently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Specialist job. This role requires a candidate with strong a background and experience for preparation of financial statements and reporting, internal and external audit.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: National Capital RegionDate posted: 16 June 2022A leading international insurance company is urgently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Consultant job. This role requires a candidate with strong a background and knowledge in IFRS, accounting, financial statement review, financial reporting, process improvement, audit and compliance.