Financial Reporting Specialist
Salary Market Aligned
Location National Capital RegionFULL_TIME
Consultant Maureene Guzman
Job Ref 1799890/001
Date posted 16 June 2022philippines accountancy-finance/accountant 2022-06-16 2022-08-15 insurance Taguig National Capital Region PH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading global insurance company is urgently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Specialist job. This role requires a candidate with strong a background and experience for preparation of financial statements and reporting, internal and external audit.
About the Financial Reporting Specialist Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for consolidating and preparing of financial reports and analyses of the company's project budgets, actual spend, and forecasted spend for reporting to senior management, and evaluating the financial impact (cost and benefit) of projects/initiatives within the HR and operations division, making sure that these costs are closely monitored, actuals tracked against budget, and the forecast updated to reflect the reasonableness of the remaining expected costs.
As part of the GOE team, you will also be responsible for supporting the overall timely delivery of relevant, accurate and quality financial reports by ensuring proper expense management for the assigned divisions.
Project Financials Management
- Assist the Head Of Expense Management in tracking and monitoring ongoing business case reviews, monthly actual spend vs budget and /or forecast analyses, and continuous partnership with project governance office and IT finance team to ensure we achieve appropriate review and establish adequate controls over the financials side of projects
- Act as the key project financials point person from the expense management team, specifically addressing any consolidated reporting requirement, ad hoc questions/requests, and subsequent cascade or endorsement to the assigned financial reporting specialist within the team as the need arises
- Accurately and completely consolidates all project reports on cash flow projection and financial impact for strategic plan budget and forecasting purposes in partnership with the rest of the expense management team
- Prepare the consolidated monthly actual spend analysis vs project budget and partner with project managers in updating forecast of project spend
- Closely coordinate with the project teams, PGO, IT finance, and expense management team to ensure accurate and efficient tracking of actual spends (including unbilled but incurred costs) vs approved levels and forecast of remaining budget spend, and actual realisation of benefits committed
- Monitor actual GOE performance against the strategic planning budget and/or latest forecast and performing quality analysis for the MTD and YTD variances
- Partner with the division's stakeholders to identify and understand the nature and reasonableness of budgetary/spend
- Support the timely submission of reports for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting specific to expense account by providing the division's expense data with analyses, completely and accurately
- Partner with the Project Governance Office (PGO), Project Sponsor and Project Manager to get an in-depth understanding of proposed projects in relation to review of financials, payback, confirmation of funding vs final strategic plan budget. Regularly communicate with the project team to ensure timely resolution of outstanding items for close out, if any
- Perform detailed review of the project's business case within the division, including validation of appropriate treatment of cost, its supporting calculations and assumptions
- Prepare monthly actual spend analysis vs project budget, and partner with project managers in updating the forecast of project spend
- Perform other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by the Head of Expense Management in order to meet operational and/or other requirements
To succeed in this Financial Reporting Specialist role, you must be a CPA with experience in preparation of the financial statements and reporting, internal and external audit. Background in insurance is an advantage.
- Education – Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- Experience – at least five years' accounting/external/internal audit, with strong preference for resource coming from Big 4 audit firms; experience in life insurance operations/processes is an advantage
- Certifications/licenses – Certified Public Accountant
- Special skills – Facilitation skills, advanced knowledge of MS PowerPoint and MS Excel to generate statistical management information and financial reports. Must be highly analytical with a keen attention to detail. Well versed in Power BI software is a plus
This leading international insurance company does not need an introduction.
If you have the drive and determination to contribute your expertise in a fast-paced and highly competitive environment, this Financial Reporting Specialist role is for you.
Apply now or contact me to learn more.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: National Capital RegionDate posted: 16 June 2022A leading international insurance company is urgently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Consultant job. This role requires a candidate with strong a background and knowledge in IFRS, accounting, financial statement review, financial reporting, process improvement, audit and compliance.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: National Capital RegionDate posted: 01 May 2022A leading global insurance company is urgently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Specialist job. This role requires a candidate with strong a background and experience for preparation of financial statements and reporting, internal and external audit.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: MandaluyongDate posted: 30 May 2022An exciting Financial Planning & Analysis Specialist job has opened up at a manufacturing/electric firm.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: ManilaDate posted: 10 June 2022A leading global insurance company is urgently recruiting for an Accounting Controller Specialist job. This job requires a candidate with strong a background and experience for accounting, internal and external audit.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: ManilaDate posted: 16 June 2022A leading global insurance company is urgently recruiting for an Accounting Controller Specialist job. This job requires a candidate with strong a background and experience for accounting, internal and external audit.