Customs and Excise Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Rohnel Rojo
Job Ref 1826500/001
Date posted 13 July 2022philippines accountancy-finance/accountant 2022-07-14 2022-09-11 accountancy Batangas Calabarzon PH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Customs and Excise Manager job has become available to lead the C&E function in the Philippines.
About the Customs and Excise Manager Role:
The Customs and Excise Manager will lead the C&E function in the Philippines. The person is responsible for all Customs and Excise (C&E) related activities in the country. The role is part of global tax and reports to the Regional C&E director.
- Overall responsible for the C&E topics in the Philippines. Coordinate with the regional C&E Director, Regional Tax Director but also CFO, Factory Lead, Manufacturing Services Lead, and other stakeholders
- Be responsible for import and export declarations. Provide internal C&E advice, responsible for maintaining the C&E procedures and C&E compliance. Ensure timely payment of C&E debt
- Review excise tax reports/returns, prepare claims related to import duties and taxes as well as claims related to excise tax. Manage the C&E authorisations, such as PEZA-related permits for goods import/export/movements across PEZA, preferential certificate of origin, AEO, customs warehousing, RTP, etc. Handle customs audits and excise tax requirements with governmental authorities
- Manage and instruct customs brokers to conduct clearances correctly
- Proactively follow up on local C&E developments that may impact the local business, assist in broader local business development activities, provide assistance and support to other departments in relation to local C&E as needed
- Seek opportunities to improve current C&E processes and procedures
- Be responsible for C&E risk management and reporting
- Prepare timely and accurate quarterly and annual provision calculations and reporting packages for headquarters
- Be responsible for the indirect tax manual
- Coordinate setting up the change management meeting and keeping the manual up to date
To succeed in the Customs and Excise Manager role, you must have a minimum of five years of work experience in a similar position in the industry (multinational FMCG organisation) or in a Big 4 tax advisory firms or equivalent, with in-depth knowledge of local customs regulations and excise legislations.
- University degree or equivalent
- Local tax accreditation, master's degree in customs or degree in customs areas, and national laws for excise duties
- Previous experience working with PEZA is an advantage
- Amenable to work in Malvar, Batangas
- Fluency in English with excellent written and verbal skills
- Skilled in financial applications (SAP and MS Excel) is preferred
This company is well known for investing in their employees as the foundation of their growth and in building and nurturing their outstanding brand.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Customs and Excise Manager role.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Quezon CityDate posted: 26 June 2022A thrilling Australian Tax Specialist job has just become available in a leading Australian professional services firm in the Philippines. Based in their office Quezon City, you will be part a dynamic team within the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: ParañaqueDate posted: 08 July 2022An exciting Team Lead - Cash Management job has opened up in the Paranaque office of a shared services company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: BatangasDate posted: 13 July 2022An exciting Tax Manager (Market and Factory) job has opnened up at a company that is well known for investing in their employees.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Cavite CityDate posted: 19 June 2022An exciting Procurement Sr. Manager job has opened up at a leading digital transformation of energy management and automation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: MandaluyongDate posted: 08 August 2022An exciting Finance Manager job has opened up at an employer of choice.