Tax Manager (Market and Factory)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Rohnel Rojo
Job Ref 1826510/001
Date posted 13 July 2022philippines accountancy-finance/accountant 2022-07-14 2022-09-11 accountancy Batangas Calabarzon PH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Tax Manager (Market and Factory) job has opnened up at a company that is well known for investing in their employees.
About the Tax Manager (Market and Factory) Role:
The Tax Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the PH Tax Director in compliance, advisory, accounting, reporting and forecasting and administration related to tax functions for factory legal entity in the Philippines.
- Obtain full understanding of the National Internal Revenue Code, Local Government Code, PEZA Law and other related regulations. Obtain regular tax updates and assist in assessing and communicating the impact to entities in a timely manner
- Partner with various stakeholders to drive compliance of all tax and related regulatory requirements in a timely and accurate manner
Tax Accounting and Reporting (Internal and External)
- Drive timely and accurate entity tax reporting compliance with the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) and other relevant agencies such as filing of returns on monthly and quarterly VAT, quarterly and annual corporate income tax, monthly and annual withholding tax on compensation, monthly and annual expanded withholding tax, quarterly fringe benefit tax, excise tax, royalty tax, and annual book registrations (CAS), real property tax, local business and transfer taxes/permits/registrations/renewals, PEZA Certificate of Incentives, PEZA Monthly Performance and Annual TIMTA Reports, and other additional reporting that may be required
- Support the Tax Director in collaborating with Global Tax to ensure strategies acceptability in local tax environment
System and Process Improvement
- Identify system or business process control gaps or inefficiencies and implement improvements via cross-functional collaboration to ensure tax compliance
Tax Audits, Litigation, Refund and Health Checks
- Support the Tax Director in executing tax health check activities, JSOX and internal audit exercised by providing the necessary documentation and reconciliation in a timely and accurate manner
To succeed in the Tax Manager (Market and Factory) role, you must have at least five years’ experience in the tax area, preferably with Big 4 firm or FMCG exposure.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or its equivalent with CPA certification
- Strong people and stakeholder management experience
- Fluency in English and Tagalog is essential
- Strong MS application skills especially in MS Excel and exposure in SAP (Preferable)
- Sound business acumen, including understanding of tax and other related regulations and related tax accounting
- Good understanding of business model and its tax requirements
- Good communication and analytical skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to connect the dots
- Ability to adapt to dynamic market environment, make difficult decisions, and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage deadlines under tight time pressure is important
- Amenable to be assigned in factory from time to time and as needed
This company is well known in investing on their employees as the foundation of their growth and in building and nurturing their outstanding brand.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Tax Manager (Market and Factory) role.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Quezon CityDate posted: 26 June 2022A thrilling Australian Tax Specialist job has just become available in a leading Australian professional services firm in the Philippines. Based in their office Quezon City, you will be part a dynamic team within the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: ParañaqueDate posted: 08 July 2022An exciting Team Lead - Cash Management job has opened up in the Paranaque office of a shared services company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: BatangasDate posted: 13 July 2022A Customs and Excise Manager job has become available to lead the C&E function in the Philippines.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Cavite CityDate posted: 19 June 2022An exciting Procurement Sr. Manager job has opened up at a leading digital transformation of energy management and automation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: MandaluyongDate posted: 08 August 2022An exciting Finance Manager job has opened up at an employer of choice.