Assistant Accounting Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Ricah De Guzman
Job Ref 1861530/001
Date posted 10 October 2022philippines accountancy-finance/accountant 2022-10-10 2022-12-09 retail Makati National Capital Region PH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An interesting Assistant Accounting Manager job has opened up in a retail company based in Makati.
About the Assistant Accounting Manager Role:
The Assistant Accounting Manager will be responsible for accounting work related to general accounting, treasury, cash flow and balance sheet management and management reporting, and will have a vital role in providing financial support across the business and in ensuring good governance in the business processes.
- Month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing and reporting requirements (which include, but not limited to, the following: reports submission, variance analysis and commentaries, balance sheet review and reconciliation)
- Daily supervision of accountants (accounts payable, cash/accounts receivable)
- Filing and submission of regular tax and compliance requirements
- Budget preparations and submission, and cost/OPEX monitoring and management (working with different functions)
- Internal controls review and improvements (with focus on purchasing controls, store controls on inventory, cash, and security)
- Management of FS audit and tax audit, liaising with external auditors and tax consultants
- Working with HR on incentives and other finance-related matters
- Working with Logistics on the following: inventory destruction, staff sale, warehousing, customs and other compliance requirements
- Liaising with external partners: banks, corporate secretary/local legal, outsourced IT, tax consultants, etc.
- Working on projects, e.g. controls and process improvements, cost savings initiatives, compliance
- Key requirements and competencies
To succeed in this Assistant Accounting Manager role, must possess a strong can-do approach and the ability to work autonomously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or the equivalent, Finance Certifications
- Demonstrate attitudes: curiosity, empathy, agility and commercial mindset
- Minimum of three years experience in a finance accounting or management position in a retail specialty, FMCG, pharmaceutical or hospitality
- ACCA or CPA qualifications
- Experience in managing team (for assistant manager)
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, technical, IT and numerical abilities
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to build and develop relationship
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career with a shared services company.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Assistant Accounting Manager role is the role for you.
Apply now or contact me to learn more.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: MakatiDate posted: 20 November 2022An exciting Country Finance Manager (Retail) job has just become available at one of the foremost luxury retail brands in the Philippines. Based in Makati City, this role takes part of a dynamic team within the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: MakatiDate posted: 24 October 2022An exciting Finance Manager (Retail) job has just become available at one of the foremost luxury retail brands in the Philippines. Office-based in Makati City, this role will take part of a dynamic team within the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: ManilaDate posted: 21 November 2022An exciting Chief Finance Officer job has just opened up at one of the foremost global manufacturing companies in the Philippines. Office based in Taguig City, this role will be part of the strategic management team in the country.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: MakatiDate posted: 20 November 2022An exciting Chief Finance Officer (Corporate Finance - Construction) job has just opened up at one of the foremost construction companies in the Philippines. Head office based in Makati, this role will take part of an exciting business growth opportunity.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: MakatiDate posted: 20 November 2022An exciting Accounting Manager (Construction) role has just opened up at one of the foremost international construction companies in the Philippines. Based in Makati City, this is a key role in the organisation.