Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Ricah De Guzman
Job Ref 1888030/001
Date posted 23 December 2022philippines accountancy-finance/financial-controller 2022-12-23 2023-02-21 fmcg Makati National Capital Region PH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Commercial Controller job has opened up at an FMCG company based in Makati.
About the Commercial Controller Role:
The Commercial Controller is responsible for the commercial finance aspects for the three business units of the company. The Commercial controller is an integral part of the annual planning cycle and responsible for the monthly reporting and forecasts. The scope of the job includes but not limited to close coordination with commercial leaders in business decision making ensuring all variables are accounted for and drives ownership of relevant aspects of the P&L.
- Prepare timely and accurate category/sales plans, forecasts, outlooks and strategic views
- Provide market analysis to understand and explain significant category/customer performance variations from historical or expected results
- Ensure a seat at the decision table and provide high-calibre respected advice/information for all strategic business initiatives (such as sizing, packaging, pricing decisions, etc.)
- Support and challenge (if necessary) category assumptions in analysing and implementing business growth opportunities, such as new product development and investment analysis
- Own and understand all aspects of the Commercial P&L, act as liaison between category management/sales and Supply Finance with respect to S&OP planning, cost assumptions, commodity movements, squeeze targets, inventory obsolescence, etc.
- Develop strong understanding of all category/customer trade investment strategies
- Assess and analyse pre-and post launch evaluation for major launches
- Manage functionality, usage and continuous improvement of various financial tools, process and procedures
- Maintain positive and proactive interaction with sales/marketing departments to ensure ongoing, effective two-way working relationships for exchange of quality financial information
- Ensure suitable tracking is in place to understand the portfolio performance at a category and SKU level, understanding growth products and drivers, and also vulnerable products and drivers; taking action as required
- Forecast the P&L delivery in light of the dynamic variables e.g. NR, Trade Investment, COGS, marketing, etc.
- Manage internal/GFCF control processes related to commercial finance
- Monitor Risks and Opportunities against budgets
To succeed in this Commercial Controller role, must possess a strong can-do approach and the ability to work autonomously.
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy or Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in related areas
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and verbal form in English
- Computer literacy is a must, with SAP experience
- A team player and with ability to work with high level of management
- Knowledge in Philippine Financial Reporting Standards (PFRS)
- Understanding of industry players (FMCG, pharma nutrition), customers, and product marketing strategies is an advantage
- Desire to grow individually and to spearhead efforts for firm growth
- Embraces change and growth and maintains a positive attitude during it
This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career with an FMCG company.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Commercial Controller role is right for you.
Apply now or contact me to learn more.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: MakatiDate posted: 19 January 2023An exciting FP&A Lead job has become available at an FMCG company based in Makati for someone with business partnering experience.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PasigDate posted: 22 December 2022An exciting Internal Audit Head (Chinese Speaker) job has opened up in one of the largest local FMCG companies in the Philippines. Based in the office in Ortigas, this position is part of a strategic team in the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: TaguigDate posted: 20 January 2023An exciting Regional Finance Business Partner job has just opened up at one of the world’s leading beverages company in the Philippines. Office based in Taguig, this role will take part of a strategic position within the business.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Quezon CityDate posted: 19 December 2022An exciting Funding and Investment Manager job has become available at an FMCG company based in Quezon City.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: TaguigDate posted: 20 December 2022An exciting Group Manager - Financial Reporting job has opened up in a leisure and sports company based in BGC, Taguig.