AVP Product Control (Global Operations)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Maureene Guzman
Job Ref 1759930/001
Date posted 10 June 2022philippines accountancy-finance/internal-control 2022-06-16 2022-08-09 financial-services Taguig National Capital Region PH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading international bank is urgently seeking an AVP Product Control (Global Operations) with experience in performing global operations activities. This people manager job requires a candidate with a strong background product control for derivatives, FX or interest rates.
About the AVP Product Control (Global Operations) Role:
Treasury and Business Finance (TBF) owns the Treasury and Investment Banking Finance controls and provides insights on treasury and business performance. TBF is a control function with a critical role of ensuring integrity, completeness, and accuracy of the bank’s financial books and records. The group performs the product control function, which entails providing transparent and accurate valuation and appropriate regulatory control to avoid reputational damage to the bank. This control function leverages a multi-skilled team with capabilities to understand the financial impact of trades from the analysis of risks and profit and loss up to the substantiation of the balance sheets, and interacts with a diverse set of stakeholders. The revenue control and analysis function performs daily risk and profit and loss reporting of core businesses, and ensures that correct valuation of trades are fed to downstream systems for financial and risk reporting.
- Reconcile and close the month-end general ledger for the accounts (balance sheet and P&L) for designated asset group relating to the business and entities within the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Perform foreign exchange (FX) position reconciliation ensuring that breaks are investigated and any aged ones escalated properly
- Investigate and clear exceptions/break items, interacting with risk profit and loss, operations and transaction accounting teams to ensure that management accounting/financial accounting (MAFA) reconciliation of all forms are clean and aged breaks have clear ownership and defined escalation process for designated asset group
- Improve processes and link this to the upstream/downstream processes and outputs for designated asset group, as well as implement standardisation (and improvements) to methodologies and outputs
To succeed in this AVP Product Control role, you must have experience in product control specifically derivatives, interest rates or FX performing global operations activities. You must have background in people management, can adapt to change management and great stakeholder management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in either math, finance, economics, accountancy, business or management engineering, while further professional qualifications (e.g. CPA, CFA, CMA, or master’s degree) is an advantage
- Knowledge of a range of financial products and markets will be expected from you in this role, while knowledge of US-GAAP/IAS is beneficial
- Strong competencies in investigation, problem resolution and detail intensiveness
- Excellent communication skills and ability to confidently interact with a diverse set of stakeholders, as well as a change mindset as the bank embarks on a multi-year programme to transform its strategic architecture and improve its processes
- Experience in automation, and using programming languages such as Visual Basic for Applications, Visual Basic, Python, Tableau and Alteryx is an advantage
The international bank needs no introduction.
If you have the drive and determination to contribute your expertise in a fast-paced highly competitive environment this AVP Product Control (Global Operations) role is right for you.
Apply now to learn more.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: TaguigDate posted: 16 June 2022A leading international bank is urgently recruiting for an AVP Product Control (Global Operations) job. This job is for someone with experience in performing global operations activities. This people manager job requires a candidate with a strong background product control for derivatives, FX or interest rates.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: MakatiDate posted: 23 June 2022An international bank is urgently seeking an Accounting Manager (International Bank) who will oversee the accounting team. The company is one of the continuously growing international banks in the Philippines whose business has aggressive growth plans in the coming years. Due to its aggressive plans of expansion, they are looking for proficient professionals to join their rising organisation in this job.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: MakatiDate posted: 29 June 2022An exciting General Accountant job has opened up at a manufacturing and production company for their Makati and Cabuyao offices.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Quezon CityDate posted: 26 June 2022A thrilling Australian Tax Specialist job has just become available in a leading Australian professional services firm in the Philippines. Based in their office Quezon City, you will be part a dynamic team within the organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Cavite CityDate posted: 19 June 2022An exciting Procurement Sr. Manager job has opened up at a leading digital transformation of energy management and automation.