AVP - MVRM (Product Control)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Maureene Guzman
Job Ref 1797960/001
Date posted 10 November 2022philippines accountancy-finance/risk-management 2022-11-10 2023-01-09 financial-services Taguig National Capital Region Taguig PH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading international bank is urgently seeking an AVP - MVRM (Product Control). In this job, you must have a strong background and experience with risk management, valuations, trade review and collateral review. Experience in actuarial and project management/consulting is an advantage.
About the AVP - MVRM (Product Control) Role:
The Market and Valuation Risk Management (MVRM) group specifically deals with complex and structured trades across different asset classes to ensure all aspects of the trades are captured correctly within the risk and valuation systems, accurately reflecting the complete terms of the executed legal documentation. The review is a crucial control mechanism for exotic derivative trades within the corporate investment bank. Valuation control is a specialist group within MVRM that manages a wide range of relevant risk and implementation topics to ensure integrity and control over all aspects of the valuation of the bank's trading portfolios.
- Produce relevant MI reports that are needed in the review and assessment of trades, and determine if transacted prices correspond to market price levels within specified thresholds using pre-determined methodologies
- Continue technical evolution of valuation risk and reserve methodologies
- Manage internal and external relationships across the region and be the escalation point for issues management and resolution
- Proactively improve processes and methods including streamlining, automation and off-shoring of existing processes
To succeed in this AVP - MVRM (Product Control) role, you must have a background in risk management, valuations, trade review and collateral review. Experience in actuarial and project management/consulting is an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in either math, statistics, accountancy, financial engineering, finance, or equivalent, while further professional qualifications or studies (e.g. CIMA, CPA, CFA, FRM) or a master’s degree is an advantage
- Solid knowledge of financial market products (credit, rates, FX, equities, and derivatives), as well as an understanding of trading strategies, market dynamics and regulatory environment is preferred
- Solid background in structured complex products like credit derivatives, and ability to deal with mathematical risk models, market valuations and review of legal documentation is preferred
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting with senior stakeholders across locations and a strong passion for performing in a dynamic fast-paced environment
The leading international bank does not need an introduction.
If you have the drive and determination to contribute your expertise in a fast-paced and highly competitive environment this AVP - MVRM (Product Control) role is right for you.
Apply now or contact me to learn more.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.