AVP Operational Risk Manager
Consultant Priya Gupta
Date posted 02 April 20188767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
An exciting AVP Operational Risk Manager role has just become available at a large local bank. Reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer, you will be driving the operational risk initiatives and owning the Operational Risk Framework.
About the AVP Operational Risk Manager Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible in planning and adopting a risk assessment programme that focuses on key risk areas and mitigating controls/actions which enables senior management to effectively manage and monitor key operational risks across the Group.
- Reviewing the assessment of the operational risk areas and recommendations for establishing appropriate risk management procedures and review of proposed procedural changes and commenting on their adequacy from an operational risk perspective
- Overseeing the conduct of Risk Control Assessment in accordance to Operational Framework to raise the awareness level while also to plan and develop contents of the training/workshops on operational risk to new/existing Business to adequate understanding of operational risk and controls
- Maintaining good working relationship with the regulatory body, industry bodies and peers while also championing the Operational Risk Methodology within the Group
- Ensuring that breaches or material risks are identified and brought to the attention of appropriate line management and reported to senior management if escalation triggers are breaches
To succeed in this role as the AVP Operational Risk Manager, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with senior stakeholders, internally and externally, and across borders.
- Possess a degree with at least five years' experience in operations and/or risk management functions
- Good understanding of other areas of risk (i.e. credit, market, information security and fraud)
- Possess the ability to conceptualise the operational impact of business change with proven problem solving skills and ability to consider alternative and lateral solutions (including use of data and technology)
This top local bank is aiming to be at the leading front of the industry in risk. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.