Financial Crime Compliance QA Specialist
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Jerald Yamat
Job Ref 1843690/001
Date posted 31 August 2022philippines banking-financial-services/compliance 2022-08-31 2022-10-30 financial-services Taguig National Capital Region Taguig city PH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Financial Crime Compliance QA Specialist job has become available for someone wanting to take the next step in their AML career in a fast-paced environment.
About the Financial Crime Compliance QA Specialist Role:
In this role as a subject-matter expert, you will do end-to-end transaction investigations, and support your teammates to help them grow and develop while helping the team lead to ensure high-quality output of the team.
- Perform reviews of completed investigations on complex transaction monitoring alerts and cases, assessing the quality of the investigation and resulting documentation in line with policies and quality assurance process and procedures
- Assess whether the investigator has made the right decision, used their judgement taken a risk-based approach appropriately and whether they have followed the process and procedure correctly
- Consider the data the investigator has included in their investigation, the analysis they have done, the thought process they have followed, and the rationale they have used in reaching their conclusion, as well as the quality of their “write-up” and the degree to which the conclusion is supported by evidence
- Document findings appropriately to give the investigator constructive feedback, highlighting what is good and what needs improvement, seeking to help the investigator improve, whilst also providing an objective assessment of the quality of their work
- Maintain a primary focus on the quality and effectiveness of quality assurance reviews, adopting an independent perspective, whilst ensuring that your work is completed in a timely fashion
To succeed in the Compliance Specialist role, you must have in-depth knowledge of AML compliance and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years of total work experience with a minimum of 36 months of experience in transaction monitoring investigations and at least six months of experience in quality assurance preferably with reputable financial services organisations
- Ability to clearly and succinctly express ideas, facts, and opinions. Is able to express them fluently both in speaking and writing, supported by appropriate tools
- Ability to identify problems, analyse key information and make connections, in order to find appropriate solutions
- Able to complete tasks and achieve results in an efficient, timely and high-quality manner, with a focus on execution and delivery of targets and KPIs
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to interpret and implement the latest relevant policy guidance whilst maintaining a risk-based approach
- Expert knowledge of how to identify, analyse and understand money laundering, terrorist financing and tax evasion “red flags” and typologies as well as a strong understanding of regulations and industry-leading practices in conducting transaction monitoring investigations
- Expert knowledge on what constitutes a good investigation write-up, clearly understanding internal and external stakeholder and regulatory expectations
- Willing to consult and collaborate with other quality assurance analysts to help each other through reviews, whilst driving up the quality of the quality assurance team’s work through adopting and sharing best practices, techniques and knowledge over time
- Expert understanding of how money laundering, terrorist financing and tax evasion are executed, why, the differences between them and their impacts
- Expert skills in conducting effective transaction monitoring investigations, including in data and transaction analysis, research and documentation
- Develop an understanding of the global financial system and banking as well as the regulatory environment and the impacts of non-compliance
This company is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise, and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined, and a focused on AML professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Financial Crime Compliance QA Specialist role is right for you.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: TaguigDate posted: 26 September 2022A Financial Crime Compliance Officer job has become available for you to take next step in your AML career in a fast-paced environment.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: TaguigDate posted: 13 September 2022A Financial Crime Compliance Officer job has become available for you to take next step in your AML career in a fast-paced environment.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: ManilaDate posted: 24 August 2022A leading international bank is urgently seeking a KYC Delivery Manager (Financial Shared Services). In this job, you must have a strong background, knowledge and skills in operations management. Experience in KYC and compliance is an advantage.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PhilippinesDate posted: 11 August 2022A Financial Controller job has become available at a company that needs no introduction.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: National Capital RegionDate posted: 10 August 2022A leading international bank is urgently recruiting for a KYC Delivery Manager (Financial Shared Services) job. This role requires a strong background, knowledge and skills in operations management. Experience in KYC and compliance is an advantage.