AML Team Lead
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Jerald Yamat
Job Ref 1893790/001
Date posted 15 March 2023philippines banking-financial-services/compliance 2023-03-21 2023-05-14 financial-services Taguig National Capital Region PH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An AML Team Lead job has become available for someone wanting to take the next step in their AML career in a fast-paced environment.
About the AML Team Lead Role:
In this role, you will lead a team of approximately 10 people performing complex Transaction Monitoring (TM) investigations covering money laundering, terrorist financing and tax evasion and will be accountable for the quality and timeliness of your team’s output. As a subject-matter expert, you will provide quality checking, coaching and support, helping team members to develop and grow. Through your leadership, you will maintain high levels of engagement, strong team spirit and commitment to continuous improvement and quality.
- Perform risk-based investigations on complex TM alerts and cases, identifying activity that could be indicative of money laundering, terrorist financing and tax evasion, following Global Standard TM Investigation Process and Procedures, in accordance with their respective roles and job descriptions, to consistently high and continuously improving standards
- Maintain the primary their focus on the quality and effectiveness of investigation, whilst also ensuring that their work is completed in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of how to identify, analyse and understand money laundering, terrorist financing and tax evasion “red flags” and typologies as well as strong understanding of regulations and industry leading practices in conducting TM investigations
- Manage the Quality Check (QC) process ensuring that QC is done appropriately and in a timely fashion on team output, conducting QC yourself and allocating QC activities to senior investigators as appropriate, recording and tracking results for performance management purposes
- Consult and collaborate with other Team Leads striving to develop your own leadership skills and helping others with theirs, adopting and sharing best practice, techniques and knowledge over time
- Give and take feedback constructively, actively supporting team continuous learning and development and training initiatives, driving continuous improvement in both your own team and that of the broader organisation
- Maintain strong engagement in your team, actively supporting career development and progression, whilst striving to keep attrition rates below industry levels
To succeed in this AML Team Lead role, you must have in-depth knowledge of AML compliance and the ability to manage teams effectively and prioritise tasks under pressure.
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years of total work experience with a minimum of 36 months of experience in TM investigations, preferably in reputable financial services organisations
- Established and proven team leadership skills, having been in a similar role for at least six months
- Expert understanding of how money laundering, terrorist financing and tax evasion are executed, why, the differences between them and their impacts
- Expert skills in conducting effective TM investigations, including in data and transaction analysis, research and documentation
- Developed understanding of the global financial system and banking as well as the regulatory environment and the impacts of non-compliance
- Fluent in English, reading and writing
- Professional certifications (CAMS, CFE, ICA or equivalent) is required
This company is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined, and a focused AML professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this AML Team Leader job is the role for you.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Get in touch
+63 2 8841 9398
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: TaguigDate posted: 30 January 2023An AML Manager job has become available for someone wanting to take the next step in their AML career in a fast-paced environment.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PhilippinesDate posted: 30 January 2023The Senior AML Investigator job has become available for someone wanting to take the next step in their AML career in a fast-paced environment.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: ManilaDate posted: 26 January 2023A leading international bank is urgently seeking an AML Delivery Manager (Transaction Monitoring). In this job, you must have a strong background, knowledge and skills in operations management, people management and migrations. Experience in AML and transaction monitoring is an advantage.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: National Capital RegionDate posted: 17 March 2023An Internal Audit Officer job has become available for someone wanting to take the next step in their Auditing career in a fast-paced environment.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: TaguigDate posted: 19 March 2023An exciting Data Protection Officer (AVP - VP) job has become available for someone who wants to take the next step in their career in a fast-paced environment.