Deputy Head of Operations
Consultant Antonette Cuaresma
Date posted 30 July 2018 2018-07-302018-09-28 financial-services 8767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
An exciting Deputy Head of Operations, Corporate & Institutional Services job has just become available at one of the leading financial institutions located in BGC, Taguig.
About the Deputy Head of Operations, C&IS Role:
This is a key role in the Manila leadership team and reports to the Head of C&IS Operations, Philippines. You will be responsible for the leadership of a number of operational teams and for the delivery of operational support to Northern Trust offices in EMEA, North America and APAC.
- Lead an operational team of more than 150 staff
- Play key leadership role in developing the business unit’s strategic plan and sets goals and priorities based on the direction set for the unit; follows through to ensure that objectives are met
- Oversee plans and directs the development, implementation, operation, maintenance and control of essential business, information, and operations support systems within the Fund Administration group to support growth, support local and corporate objectives, increase capacity and tighten management processes
- Participate in cross-jurisdiction coordination of activities and standards relevant to the business and implements functional best practices to improve the performance of operations and technology for both internal and external clients
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Encourage an environment of employee participation, teamwork and open communication where adherence with compliance is an intrinsic part of the culture and day to day operations
- Ensure own compliance by acquiring, maintaining and applying to business practices knowledge of all major corporate and local legislation and regulations relevant to own role and responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of function with due skill, care and diligence including effective controls, risk management, mitigation and delegation of activities to appropriately skilled and competent persons
- Determine staffing needs, makes hiring decisions, handles salary administration, and ensures resources are available to accomplish priorities
To be successful in this Deputy Head of Operations role, you must possess a CPA or other relevant professional qualification.
- Post qualification experience in increasingly senior roles within an industry leading, global financial services organisation
- Considerable experience in managing large teams (50+)
- Proven track record of excellent management and leadership skills
- The ability to identify and implement operational change to meet efficiency and technical demands
- An ability to engage with clients/stakeholders at a senior level and to add value to these relationships
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning skills
- Proven track record of achieving results within agreed time frames
- Experience working overseas and/or onshore teams
This organisation is one of the world’s leading financial institutions. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.