Head of Finance
Consultant Antonette Cuaresma
Date posted 28 August 2018 2018-08-282018-10-27 insurance 8767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
An exciting Head of Finance role has just become available at one of the leading global insurance companies based in BGC, Taguig.
About the Head of Finance Role:
The Head of Finance is accountable for the accounting operations of Asia Service Centre Philippines, to include production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of adequate system and accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budget designed to mitigate risk, enhance accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principle or international financial accounting standards with high degree of integrity.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organisational structure adequate in achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Ensure cost-effectiveness and heighten cost control accountability
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Implement a robust fixed asset management system
- Responsible for integrity and accuracy of financial reporting
- Issue timely, accurate, and complete financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Manage work distribution and supervise work standards
- Conduct one to one meetings and team meetings
- Manage training and development of direct reports
To be successful in the Head of Finance role, you will need to have advance knowledge in corporate financial, taxation, and management accounting.
- CPA is a must / CFA and/or MBA preferred
- At least 15 years' experience in finance with at least five years' experience in senior management role in a shared services organisation is preferred
- Knowledge and skills in financial modelling and product / service pricing
- Knowledge of Philippine tax and transfer pricing regulations
- Familiar with GAAP and IFRS
- Incumbent will be required to interact and work closely with functional groups within the Shared Services, Regional Office, Corporate and Leadership Teams, Managers, and External bodies
This company is a leading global financial services company which offers broad range of insurance, retirement, and investment products.
If you have an outstanding track record in finance and accounting, and want to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this exciting opportunity.