VP - Head of Fixed Income
Consultant Antonette Cuaresma
Date posted 16 October 20188767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
An exciting Vice President – Head of Fixed Income role has just become available at one of the leading global insurance companies based in Makati City.
About the Vice President - Head of Fixed Income Role:
The Vice President – Head of Fixed Income is responsible for the management and investment performance of Philippine-based fixed income portfolios for the general fund and segregated (investment-linked/variable unit-linked) funds of the company.
- Responsible for for the management and performance of Philippine-based peso-denominated fixed income portfolios for the general fund and segregated funds
- Provide regular local macroeconomic updates and Philippine trade ideas (for Asia Total Return Fund, Asia Pacific Bond Fund and Strategic Income Fund) to the regional and global fixed Income teams
- Ensure that Philippine fixed income investments adhere to corporate and regulatory investment guidelines
- Provide the Chief Investment Officer with periodic insightful analysis of the fixed income portfolio strategies and of the key drivers of performance deviations of the fixed income portfolios relative to their peer universe and portfolio benchmarks
- Oversee the credit evaluation of existing and potential fixed income sovereign and corporate debt issuers and banks and third-party distributors of the life insurance operations
- Work with local Marketing Team in developing marketing collateral, including presentations and advertisement materials for fixed income strategies.
- Develop relationship with fixed income counterparties and key corporate borrowers to explore and identify fixed income investment opportunities
To be successful in the Vice President – Head of Fixed Income role, you will need to have a thorough understanding of macroeconomics and capital market developments, and skilled to articulate fixed income portfolio management (philosophy, process, and results).
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or related field; CFA charterholder preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in fixed income portfolio management with a reputable asset management firm
- Strong knowledge of the Philippine fixed income market
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Willing and able to work under pressure to achieve team goals
- High level of integrity and strong work ethic
- Proficient in basic computer applications and in key Bloomberg functions
This company is a leading life insurance provider in the Philippines. It’s a subsidiary of the world’s biggest financial services companies, based in Canada.
If you want to take the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this exciting opportunity.