Internal Audit Manager
Consultant Sarah Bon
Date posted 24 December 2018 2018-12-242019-02-19 banking Manila National Capital Region PH PHP 960000 1280000 1280000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading wholesale international bank is launching their business in the Philippines and an exciting role to lead their audit team has been identified. This will be a key function in the new operations overseeing all the audit plans and engagements reporting to the Region and the General Manager.
About the Internal Audit Manager Role:
In this role, you will oversee all audit functions such as IT, credit and operations as an individual contributor.
- Formulate internal audit policies, guidelines and audit plan combining both the Head Office and the local regulatory bodies requirements
- Complete the audit reports tasked by the Head Office’s Internal Audit department, external auditors and regulatory bodies
- Oversee the suitability and effectiveness of business management, internal control risk management and corporate governance of the branch
- Develop an audit plan summarising inputs from the General Manager and Audit Committee based on robust risk assessment in accordance to regulatory measures
- Maintain good communication and relationship with local regulators on all audit matters
- Provide sound and independent advisory/consultancy services involving risk management, internal controls, business operations efficiency, etc
- Examine the completeness and accuracy of the branch's accounting records and financial reports
- Makes certain the reliability of information systems is in place and are duly effective on compliance management of all risk sensitive businesses such as anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing
To be successful in this role, you must be Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- At least five years’ experience in multi-function audit in a large bank
- A self-motivated leader and highly independent
- Well-versed and experienced in both credit and operational audit
- Has strong command and expertise on local regulatory laws and policies
- Excellent communication skills
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate looking to start from scratch the audit function of one of the largest international Bank. The role will be self-starter and will provide opportunity to grow in the management team.
Whilst this a new entrant in the local market, this bank has plans to develop a leadership position in Wholesale and Commercial banking.
If you are keen to explore this opportunity, please apply today.