Senior Internal Auditor (AVP - VP)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Jerald Yamat
Job Ref 1877940/001
Date posted 20 January 2023philippines banking-financial-services/internal-audit-and-control 2023-01-20 2023-03-21 financial-services Makati National Capital Region Makati City PH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Senior Internal Auditor (AVP - VP) job has become available for someone who wants to take the next step in their audit career in a fast-paced environment.
About the Senior Internal Auditor (AVP - VP) Role:
In this role, the aim is to enhance the risk culture of the organisation, leverage good practices between the three lines of defence, and provide assurance regarding the status of the overall control environment by identifying risks and associated controls, making risks visible, and recommending improvement actions.
- Perform audit engagements as per the Corporate Audit Services (CAS) Manual, other relevant policies and procedures, and international internal auditing standards (IIA)
- Participate in the risk assessment that leads to the drafting of audit planning documents and ensure the clarity of the presentation of activity flows, risks, and controls in the audited processes
- Perform audit tests in accordance with the CAS manual and international audit standards, obtain sufficient and adequate evidence, and prepare documented working papers
- Formulate clear and concise conclusions for the executed tests and discuss and agree on their factual accuracy with relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate audit teams, manage available resources, and monitor the progress of audit engagements
- Draft audit issues that describe structural control gaps and assist management in formulating ‘SMART’ actions to address the identified weaknesses
- Draft audit reports considering the target audience by having focused, structured and value-adding wording
- Participate in monitoring and validation of the closure of actions and issues
- Ensure that all deliverables are executed in the agreed time frames and time budgets
- Maintain your professional independence and objectivity but support business in preventing material risks to impact activity
- Develop skills and behaviours by performing relevant training and certifications
To succeed in this Senior Internal Auditor (AVP - VP) role, you must have in-depth knowledge of financial services laws and regulations and understanding of the local and global financial systems.
- University degree in business or another relevant area
- English speaking and writing (at least intermediate level)
- Data analytics capabilities: proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access. Microsoft SQL knowledge or KNIME knowledge is a plus
- Relevant internal or external audit experience (at least three years for Senior Auditor; at least six years for supervisor), additional relevant banking experience, preferably in risk management areas is a plus
- Basic understanding of IT-related controls (e.g. User Access Management, IT Governance) and risk management principles
- Relevant audit certifications (CIA, ACCA, CISA) student or completely certified (Mandatory for Supervisor)
- Self-starter, pro-active, showing integrity and independence; discipline, energy and determination
The company is one of the foremost and continuously growing international banks in the Philippines. Given their growth the past year, they are looking for proficient and aggressive professionals to join and contribute to their organisation.
If you are driven, determined, and a focused audit professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Senior Internal Auditor (AVP - VP) role is right for you.
Apply today to take a chance on this exciting role.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: MakatiDate posted: 25 January 2023An Investment Banking - Senior Director job has become available at a leading investment house.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PhilippinesDate posted: 30 January 2023The Senior AML Investigator job has become available for someone wanting to take the next step in their AML career in a fast-paced environment.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PhilippinesDate posted: 02 February 2023An exciting Market Valuation and Risk Management - AVP job has opened up at a company with a culture that is dynamic, sharp, and collaborative.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: TaguigDate posted: 31 January 2023A VP - Internal Audit job has become available for a seasoned auditor from the financial shared services arm of a global bank.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: TaguigDate posted: 30 January 2023A Compliance Head job has become available for a seasoned compliance leader who has successfully built compliance frameworks and processes for a big multinational bank or a reputable financial shared services.