Product Control (Equities)
Salary Attractive Salary
Consultant Antonette Cuaresma
Date posted 11 June 20188767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
An exciting Product Control (Equities) – VP job has just become available at one of the top global banks located in BGC, Taguig.
About the Product Control (Equities) – VP Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for providing functional oversight and direction to both the Risk and PnL and Financial Control Teams in Equities division.
- Responsible in the management and oversight of the team performing production and reporting of daily PnL and Risk for London and APAC trading desks
- Manage all risk and control related issues and ensure correct escalation process is followed
- Develop the team to be highly technical and motivated by coaching to ensure the team is sufficiently knowledgeable to manage stakeholders and to strengthen two-way communication and reinforce desired behaviours
- Enhance controls through process re-engineering and work with onshore colleagues to ensure new products are rolled out in a controlled manner
- Act as point of escalation; work closely with Onshore counterparts in London and APAC desks
To be successful in this role, you must possess strong background and experience in financial markets in areas like Product Control, Risk Reporting, Valuation, Trading or other related areas.
- Demonstrates very strong understanding of Equity products and valuations as well as Operations and Business Finance (RPL and Accounting Control) Front to Back infrastructure and processes
- Must be highly analytical, thorough and is able to communicate complex information to a wide variety of stakeholders
- A strong math and finance knowledge is essential as the role mainly deals with mathematical risk models and complex calculations, market valuations and review of legal documentation
- Proficient in communication at all levels in a cross-cultural environment to confidently interact with senior management and regulators (i.e. internal and external auditors)
- Excellent influencing, planning, problem-solving, presentation and inter-personal skills
- CIMA, CPA, CFA, FRM qualification an advantage
This organisation is one of the largest banking and financial institution in the world.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Product Control (Equities) - VP role.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.