Product Control - VP / SVP
Salary Attractive Salary
Consultant Antonette Cuaresma
Date posted 13 August 2018 2018-08-132018-10-12 financial-services 8767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
An exciting Product Control (Valuation Control) - VP role has just become available at one of the top global banks located in BGC Taguig. This job forms part of the Valuation Control Team which is responsible for ensuring that traded products are completely and accurately recorded in the Bank’s books in accordance with acceptable accounting standards.
About the Product Control (Valuation Control) - VP / SVP Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate valuation of all books / products / countries of assigned trading desks.
- Perform daily P&L analysis and control, fair value adjustments, day 1 P&L, reconciliation of trader P&L estimates vs actual P&L, P&L attribution, and off-market rate checking
- Perform FX and Interest Rate Risk transfer from Commercial Banking to Global Markets where trader will manage it
- Participate in various projects and system roll outs in Product Controllership
- Define the target processes, understand the gap between current and target processes, and work with line manager to identify the opportunities for improvement
- Lead the Valuation Control function in the team and work to achieve the goals and objectives established by the Senior Management within Product Control
To be successful in the Product Control (Valuation Control) - VP / SVP role, you must have an in depth understanding of financial markets and financial analysis.
- At least five years' experience in Product Control, preferably in handling FX or Rates and Equities
- Preferable with background in Financial, Economic, Accounting, or Mathematics subjects
- Excellent accounting and valuation knowledge
- Excellent command of verbal and written English communication skills to communicate effectively with stakeholders involved that will speak and read in the language
- Excellent analytical skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Experience managing / leading a team
- Professional qualifications such as CPA, CFA, and FRM will be an added advantage
The company is one of the largest banking and financial services organisation in the world whose business has been around in the Philippines for a long time. Due to their aggressive expansion, they are looking for competent professionals to join their ever growing team.
If you have an outstanding track record of compliance and are looking to take your career to the next level, the Product Control (Valuation Control) - VP / SVP role is for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.