Head of Risk Management - Retail Banking
Consultant Priya Gupta
Date posted 04 April 20188767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
An exciting Head of Risk Management role has just become available for an international bank setting up their digital banking to head and pioneer their risk management team in the Philippines. The focus of this role will be in retail banking for personal loans products.
About the Head of Risk Management Role:
In an online banking environment, the Head of Risk Management will set up the risk appetite framework and the risk policies to ensure risks are adequately identified and managed proactively. Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Risk will be a part of the Management Committee. The purpose of the role is to understand the key drivers of credit risk, manage the portfolio risk and maximise the risk return profile of consumer retail portfolios.
- Set appropriate risk management strategies, risk appetite and Asset Quality Trigger (AQT) to ensure risks are adequately identified and managed
- Develop portfolio heat map by products to assess portfolio shape and risk appetite
- Establish monitoring and tracking mechanism to assess portfolio performance against benchmarks and leverage on Risk Appetite results to support strategic business decision making via new initiatives and policy implementation
- Review Portfolio MIS to detect adverse trends and recommend action plans to mitigate portfolio risk
- Establish good rapport with relevant regulatory bodies in all dealings with regards to retail business
- Act as point person with regards to any risk related queries on the portfolio being assigned
- Lead, guide and empower the team members on their tasks
- Review and approve credit policies prior to product launching, to ensure it complied with the Group policy and Regulatory requirement
To be successful in this role, you must possess at least eight years of middle level management position in Credit Risk Management.
- Credit Risk Management and Risk Management knowledge in Retail Banking industry
- Analytical (using scorecards, understanding models) with good written and verbal communication skills
- Dynamic and able to work independently
- Ability to work under matrix environment with tight deadline
- Good reputation and business network in risk management community
- Personal integrity and ethics
This bank is starting up in the Philippines backed up by a reputable international bank bringing to the Philippines an innovative concept to launch a digital banking from scratch. This is fantastic opportunity for a risk manager looking to pioneer an innovative risk team.
If you are keen to explore this opportunity, please apply today.