Consultant Priya Gupta
Date posted 24 May 20188767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
A critical Risk Officer role has arisen in Bangkok Bank Manila branch- the only Thai Bank present in the Philippines with 20 years presence in the country. This role will support a growing Wholesale and Corporate Banking business. This is a key role to provide the management committee for risk recommendations in line with the BSP.
About the Risk Officer Role:
Reporting to the President, your focus will be on the Operational Risk Function but would also be responsible for monitoring the risk in the portfolio and post credit approvals.
- Designing and implementing operational risk assessment methodology, tools and risk reporting systems
- Providing guidance to the management regarding operational risk exposures
- Developing risk policies, processes and procedures in line with the headquarters guidelines
- Establishing a robust risk awareness and provide adequate training and workshops
- Escalating risk incidents to management
- Reporting the risk on existing portfolio
This is a fantastic opportunity to create a risk function in a reputable Bank and be exposed to senior stakeholders. This role will be pivotal in building the risk culture and accompanying the business in their acquisition of portfolio.
- Experience in operational risk or risk reporting in a Bank or Financial Services
- Exposure to credit risk approvals
- Ability to communicate and liaise with management committee
- Understanding of the BSP landscape in risk management
- Analytical skills
Bangkok Bank is looking to expand their business and a strong risk management function will be key to the success of this strategy. This Bank has strong exposure internationally and a very established risk team in the Group headquarter to offer training and guidance.
Please apply today to discuss this exclusive assignment.