AVP, Operational Risk Management
Consultant Priya Gupta
Date posted 24 October 20188767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
A leading universal bank is seeking an AVP, Operational Risk Management to strengthen their Operational Risk team. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, this is an exciting opportunity to develop an enterprise risk framework to support a growing operation.
About the AVP, Operational Risk Management Role:
The focus of this role is to drive strategic risk initiatives to reduce operational risk exposures to acceptable levels within the risk appetite across Retail, Corporate and Wealth Management.
- Develop and periodically review enterprise wide risk management policies appropriate for the Bank’s current and prospective risk taking activities
- Define risk appetite that optimises the risk and reward of the Bank’s business undertakings aligned with its changing environment, objectives, and strategies
- Develop, recommend, adopt risk models that reasonably estimate the risk profile of, and substantiates the risk limits for the Bank’s business undertakings
- Drive risk consciousness programs that are appropriate for the dynamic operating environment of the Bank
- Monitor the Bank's risk exposures relative to its defined risk limits through regular risk reports, self-risk assessments, and defined key risk management system
- Govern the risk/return and control cost/benefit decisions in the Bank prior to product launch and during business life cycles are transparent and based on assessment that is in accordance with the bank’s standards and risk appetite
- Manage the implementation of controls within the Bank and operating subsidiaries to meet regulatory and internal requirements
- Manage the functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues in the Bank and its operating subsidiaries
To be successful in this role, you must possess strong track record in Operational Risk Management in Banking.
- Experience in developing and managing risk framework
- Ability to influence senior stakeholder
- Ability to understand and appreciate different type of risk
This local bank has began a journey of transformation to become one of the top banks in the country. This is a fantastic opportunity to be mentored and groomed for a senior risk management position.
If you are passionate about a career in risk management, please apply today.