AVP - CRO Asset Management/Trust
Location National Capital RegionFULL_TIME
Consultant Priya Gupta
Date posted 15 March 2019 2019-03-152019-05-14 banking taguig National Capital Region PH PHP 100000 150000 150000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph
A leading Insurance firm is launching their Asset Management and Trust arm and thus hiring for key senior leaders. An exciting job for a Chief Risk Officer has been identified to manage the Investment Risk and Operational Risk piece.
About the CRO role
Reporting to the CEO, this role will be responsible for identifying, assessing and mitigating and managing all risk with the support of the regional headquarters. The CRO will articulate to management and the board on the risk issues and propose appropriate mitigating actions to be taken. A particular focus will be needed on Trust Risk and understanding of portfolio management construction from an investment risk aspect ( VAR calculation). Asset under manager will be growing specifically in Equity and Fixed Income.
- Provide guidance and assist senior management in setting up and implementing a local risk appetite framework, and monitor compliance with the risk appetite
- Advise the Board of Directors on the formulation and implementation of policies, plans, programs, projects, and other risk-related matters requiring its attention
- Implement and maintain the enterprise risk management framework, including the supporting policies, procedures and guidelines
- Review the risk management processes carried out in the first line which include identification, measurement, evaluation, treatment and monitoring
- Drive the regular risk management initiatives such as risk and control assessment, scenario analysis, key risk indicators, annual risk identification and continue improvement in the risk management processes
- Provide risk oversight on the risk based decision activities such as product development, process design/transformation or system development/implementation
- Maintain a database of issues rising from various channels such as the RAG rating reports, RCSA and KRI exceptions, audit findings and coordinate with other business units to monito its resolution
This is an exceptional opportunity to contribute to launch an asset management and Trust business from scratch and get trained by one of the most successful asset manager worldwide headquartered in Singapore. Training will be provided accordingly on key products such as equity and fixed income.
- Exposure to Investment Risk preferably in a Trust or Asset Management business
- At least an exposure to operational risk or enterprise risk
- Experience presenting to the board and senior stakeholders
- Strong drive to create a team from scratch
The successful CRO will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
This role is suitable for an individual looking to step in a leadership role and looking to join a reputable Insurance Group. If you are looking to embark on the next stage of your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this exciting role now.