Salary Attractive Salary
Consultant George Dumatol
Date posted 07 June 20188767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
An exciting opportunity as a Payroll Manager has become available at one of the most established outsourcing companies based in BGC. This is a job for a person who specialises and has extensive experience in Payroll.
About the Payroll Manager Role:
In this role, you will act as the subject matter expert responsible and accountable for managing all payroll processes, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local payroll regulations. You will also be responsible for overseeing the preparation, and disbursement of all payroll outputs. You will closely partner with internal stakeholders including finance, human resources, and company employees to disseminate payroll information accurately and according to schedule.
- Responsible for managing all payroll day-to-day operations for multi-state payroll including disbursement of garnishments, benefits, and taxes consistent with all applicable wage and hour laws
- Works with accounting to ensure all payroll outputs are funded on time
- Responsible for the adherence to all governmental reporting regulations, and maintenance of control processes to protect company assets and advise management of needed actions
- Oversees the payroll tax functions and signs off on the quarterly and annual payroll tax filings
- Manage and provide leadership and coaching to the payroll team and optimise their work output
- Develop and maintain process maps and documentation regarding payroll processes, implementing controls and the appropriate “checks and balances”
- Oversee the payroll activities related to account reconciliation, monthly variance analysis, payroll accruals, and journal entry review
- Maintains communication and strong relationships with HR, and Finance to review cross-departmental impacts, strategies, and reconcile data sharing related to payroll
- Recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Set a tone of collaboration among the payroll team, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams to provide a high level of customer service
- Manage regular preparation of relevant payroll reports for senior management, as well as governmental agencies on a weekly, monthly, quarterly or year-end basis
- Handles all HCM, Timekeeping, and Absence module updates in Workday. Also will be responsible in resolving issues raised related to Workday functionalities
- Generate various payroll reports for accounting and operations purposes
- Audit and review all payroll invoices for the department
To be successful in this role, you must have a very proactive attitude when it comes to doing your work. You must also be able to implement and live the organisation’s code of conduct, and to be a role model for the people across the whole organisation.
- Dynamic and dependable when it comes to work requirements and output
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Has critical thinking skills, and will be able to solve problems at a fast pace
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage teams, particularly looking to their needs and requirements, mentoring them through the whole process
- Five to seven years of experience and an extensive knowledge on payroll systems
The successful candidate will be joining an organisation that has a great culture, empowered employees, and an organisation that has an abundance of career opportunities.
If you are driven and determined, then this role is for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Payroll Manager job opportunity.
If you are keen to explore this opportunity, please apply today.