Labour Relations Manager
Consultant George Dumatol
Date posted 25 June 20188767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
An exciting opportunity as an Employee Labour Relations Manager has become available at one of the most established and leading communications companies based in BGC, Taguig. This is a role that requires an extensive employee and labour relations background.
About the Employee Labour Relations Manager Role:
In this role, you will be working with a very dynamic team, and be part of a well-established organisation. You must be able to offer best practices to the organisation, be able to work with minimal supervision, and can take the lead for certain functions of the whole operation. You will be focusing extensively on employee relations and labour relations. Case management, Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations, and Employee Advocacy initiatives, countrywide is an important part of the job scope. Direct coordination with the organisation's internal and external stakeholders – top management, legal, external legal counsel, and government agencies, will be frequent.
- Manages labour relations program of the organisation: analyses collective bargaining agreements to develop interpretation of intent, spirit, and terms of contract.
- Advices management and union officials in development, application, and interpretation of labour relations policies and practices, according to policy formulated by the employing organisation
- Arranges and schedules meetings between grieving workers, supervisory and managerial personnel, along with the business representative and union representative, to investigate and resolve grievances
- Prepares statistical reports, using records of actions taken concerning grievances, arbitration and mediation cases, and related labour relations activities, to identify problem areas
- Monitors implementation of policies concerning wages, hours, and working conditions, to ensure compliance with terms of labour contract
- Furnishes information, such as reference documents and statistical data concerning labour legislation, labour market conditions, prevailing union and management practices, wage and salary surveys, and employee benefits programs, for use in review of current contract provisions and proposed changes
- Represents management in labour contract negotiations
To be successful in this role, a very proactive working attitude is required. Being able to implement the company’s code of conduct, culture, and best practices will also be beneficial. Good time-management, coordination with business units, and being able to consult with senior management will also be of value.
- Extensive experience as an HR Generalist, focusing on employee and labour relations
- Adept in conducting complaint investigations, and be able to progressively coordinate with internal & external stakeholders
- Deep knowledge on Philippine labour laws and compliance standards
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer services skills. In addition, comfortable with speaking in front of groups and working with all levels of the organisation
- Able to uphold the company’s policies, code of conduct, and ethics
- Extensive experience in the involvement and mediation of collective bargaining agreements
- Willing and open to travel across the country for short periods of time, or as required
The successful candidate will be exposed to working with a well-established company, and will be able to get the chance of building a stable and progressive career.
If you are keen to explore this opportunity, please apply today.