Chief Legal Officer
Consultant George Dumatol
Date posted 14 January 2019 2019-01-142019-03-15 financial-services National Capital Region National Capital Region PH PHP 200000 300000 300000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting opportunity as the Chief Legal Officer has become available at one of the fastest-growing financial services companies in the Philippines. This is a role that requires someone with extensive experience and knowledge in the corporate legal practice.
About the Chief Legal Officer Role:
In this role, you will be working with a very dynamic team, and be part of a well-established company. You must be able to share best practices to the organisation, be able to work with minimal supervision, and can take the lead for the legal functions of the company. You will be mainly responsible for leading corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives. You must be able to provide senior management with effective advice on corporate strategies and their implementation, manage the legal function, and coordinate the work with external counsel. You will be mainly involved in complex business transactions in negotiating critical legal contracts.
- Corporate Housekeeping. You will serve as the company’s Corporate Secretary, and to each of its subsidiaries, ensuring the integrity of the corporate governance framework, compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, and implementing decisions made by the Board of Directors
- Contacts Management. You will highly be relied-upon by the company when it comes to contract management. Reviewing high-level and sensitive contracts within the organisation, and the maintaining of product conditions across the company will be vital to the role
- Business Enablement. You will be tasked to implement strategic initiatives to promote the company’s objectives. This includes having the advisory capacity to the Board of Directors, the CEO, and Senior Management on a broad range of taxation, labor, and legal issues, being able to anticipate and mitigate risk
- Relationship Management. You are expected to cultivate and maintain proper corporate interactions with relevant local and national government bodies, legislature, and other organisations involved with the company’s CSR initiatives. In addition to this, the constant collaboration with external counsel on matters related to corporate housekeeping, regulatory compliance, intellectual property, labor, and litigation
- Leadership and People Development. You will be in-charge of spearheading the development of the legal department: given the capability of building your own team and being in-charge of their overall development and capabilities to assist the company in all legal aspects
For you to be successful in this role, you must have exceptional client/customer focus, top-notch collaborative skills, and communication proficiency. Showing leadership potential and being proactive in problem solving is also an important indicator of being successful in this role.
- The candidate should possess a law degree and is admitted to the bar
- At least 10 years of applicable law practice experience
- Exposure to corporate governance and interactions with the Board of Directors
- Deep familiarity with labor, litigation, and intellectual property
- Experience in leading a legal team comprised of lawyers and legal assistants
- Exposure to the following areas of the law: securities, anti-trust, and privacy
- Experience dealing with the SEC and other legal government bodies
This leading financial services firm is recognised as a leader in its field of expertise and great value is placed on training and development.
If you are driven and determined to take your career forward, this is the role for you!
If you are keen to explore this opportunity, please apply today.