Salary Market Aligned
Location National Capital RegionFULL_TIME
Consultant George Dumatol
Date posted 24 May 20192019-06-06 2019-07-23 financial-services Pasig National Capital Region PH PHP 1560000 1950000 1950000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting job opportunity as a Legal Counsel has become available at one of the fastest-growing financial technology companies based in Ortigas. This is a role that requires someone with extensive experience and knowledge in the corporate legal practice.
About the Legal Counsel Role:
In this role, you will report to the General Counsel in Singapore, and be functioning as an individual contributor and be part of a start-up company in the Manila office. You must be able to share best practices to the organisation, be able to work with minimal supervision, and can take the lead for the legal functions of the company. You will be mainly responsible for leading corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives. You must be able to provide senior management with effective advice on corporate strategies and their implementation, manage the legal function, and coordinate the work with external counsel if necessary. You will also be mainly involved in complex business transactions in negotiating critical legal contracts.
- Corporate Housekeeping. You will serve as the company’s corporate legal counsel, ensuring the integrity of the corporate governance framework, compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, and implementing decisions made by management
- Contracts Management. You will highly be relied-upon by the company when it comes to contracts management. Drafting and reviewing high-level and sensitive contracts within the organisation, and the maintaining of product conditions across the company will be vital to the role
- Business Enablement. You will be tasked to implement strategic initiatives to promote the company’s objectives. This includes having the advisory capacity to the Board of Directors, the General Counsel, and Senior Management on a broad range of licensing and regulatory, taxation, labour, and legal issues, being able to anticipate and mitigate risk
- Relationship Management. You are expected to cultivate and maintain proper corporate interactions with relevant local and national government bodies, regulators, legislature, and other organisations involved with the company’s CSR initiatives. In addition to this, the constant collaboration with external counsel on matters related to corporate housekeeping, regulatory compliance, intellectual property, data privacy, labour, and potential contentious matters
- Legal Development. You will be in-charge of spearheading the development of the legal department in the local office, being given the capability of developing strategic processes to improve the company’s legal landscape.
- The candidate should possess a law degree and is admitted to the bar
- At least 8 – 10 years of applicable post-bar experience with solid training in reputable law firms and general in-house experience in the financial services sector
- Experience in banking & finance/ financial services/ fintech/ M&A/ data privacy/ payments and tech industry preferred
- Solid knowledge of all relevant local laws and regulations and proven experience liaising with the relevant local regulatory bodies including SEC and other regulatory government bodies
- Knowledge of ASEAN financial regulations would be advantageous
- Excellent negotiation, drafting and analytical skills, able to prioritise effectively and work under pressure without compromising on quality
- Proficiency in English, command of Chinese preferred but not compulsory
- Collaborative, pragmatic, good communication and interpersonal skills, and self-driven with minimum supervision
- Quick starter, spirit of team work, ability to adapt, dedicated, self-motivated and able to work independently.
Apply now for this exciting role.