SOC Security Engineer
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Rexanne Gali
Date posted 14 August 20192019-09-09 2019-10-13 financial-services Makati National Capital Region PH PHP 1170000 1560000 1560000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The country’s largest professional services firm is currently recruiting an SOC Security Engineer to be part of their premier organisation. In this job, you will be part of the risk advisory team and will work on various security projects and support for their customers across the globe.
About the SOC Security Engineer Role:
An important part of the role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You will also identify potential business opportunities within existing engagements, and escalate these as appropriate. Similarly, you will anticipate and identify risks within engagements and share any issues with senior members of the team.
- Engage and contribute to the security operation centre projects
- Security tools and SIEM support
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Execute the engagement requirements, along with review of work by junior team members
- Help prepare reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other interested parties
- Help senior team members in performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff/junior level team members
The successful SOC Security Engineer must have in-depth exposure on two or more of the following security solutions: firewalls, endpoint protection, IDS/IPS, DLP, NAC, 2FA, email protection, SIEM, security analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/information technology, or related field
- At least three years' hands-on experience in supporting information security infrastructure
- Proven hands-on security engineering, implementation and support
- Have exposure and/or good knowledge on the following security technical exercises; incident response and handling, vulnerability assessment and management, security application and penetration testing
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Unix, Windows
- Preferably security industry certification(s) such as CEH, Security+ , RHEL, etc.
With more than 50 years of operations and over 5,000 esteemed clients their track record in delivering value-added services has remained unmatched in the region.
If you are someone who has comprehensive understanding of cyber threat actors and their corresponding methods/tactics then this is the role for you. This is an excellent opportunity to help create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.