Mid Level Java Developer
Consultant Grace Lucero
Date posted 10 December 2018 2018-12-102019-02-08 it 8767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A leading shared services organisation based in Makati is now looking for a Mid level Java Developer to join its team.
About the Java Developer role:
The Java Developer’s main role is to design, build, and maintain software applications in their respective domain. This is a hands-on technical development role and post holders will be highly proficient software engineers in at least one area of web/application development. They will often take responsibility for small to medium sized projects and will be expected to delegate tasks and oversee the work of junior/mid level software engineers.
- Work closely with development team lead, business owners, analysts, project managers/scrum masters, and relevant other parties to understand and shape requirements for new development / troubleshooting of existing development and assist the Development Team Lead / Solution Architects with analysis and design of the over-all solution architecture
- Responsible for the delivery on assigned modules / tasks and should code, test and troubleshoot software programs utilising the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology
- Work closely with the infrastructure, build and release, database, and other related teams to ensure swift and efficient deployment of code releases to live (production) environments
- Supervision of junior/mid level software engineers to complete deliverable within a given project/maintenance task and prepare reports and analysis regarding issues, incident in progress, opposing ideas and appropriate recommendations or conclusions
- To maintain – and actively seek to utilise – subject matter expertise across a range of technology trends and domains (to include electronic publishing, web & mobile development, and social media trends)
- Work with a range of stakeholders: business “product” owners, Scrum Masters/project managers, other development teams, infrastructure, service desk, and the Press architectural team in order to design software solutions and to resolve issues
To succeed in this role, you must be comfortable with using industry standard tools and practices in the Software Development world including SVN and Git source code control systems.
- Experience of data manipulation, tuning, and performance work across a range of industry databases including: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, and Neo4J
- Experience of working within an Agile development process (Scrum or similar)
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate, with colleagues of all levels across the Press.
This leading firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development.
If you are a talented Mid Java professional and enjoy working in a large environment which challenges your skills, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.