Consultant Rexanne Gali
Date posted 03 May 20188767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
An exciting VMWare Administrator job has just become available at one of the industry leaders in a broad range of financial services. The role is responsible for assisting with various functions within the IT Security department. Responsibilities will include administration and maintenance of a variety of security applications and virtualization environments.
About the VMWare Administrator Role:
The VMWare Administrator role holds a key position in the operational branch of the security department and reports directly to an Information Security Manager. You will be part of a team that is responsible for overseeing information security programs and initiatives within the organisation.
- Perform advanced monitoring, administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of virtualization technologies, including VMWare and ESX
- Daily Support of tools and functions for virtual infrastructure support (VMware HA, monitoring, etc)
- Contribute to the review/approval of virtual server design decisions to ensure that application hosting solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, reliability upon deployment
- Provide data and reports to audit and compliance groups to help with metrics generation
The successful VMWare Administrator will have two or more years' experience in supporting Wintel infrastructure in an Enterprise environment covering Windows 7 or greater, Windows Server 2008R2 or greater. Experience should include basic system deployment, configuration, monitoring, and routine maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working in the IT Security industry
- Security and Microsoft certifications preferred
- Three or more years' experience in supporting VMWare ESX / ESXi 5.x, 6.x environments and vSphere
- Experience should include basic system deployment, configuration, monitoring, and routine maintenance
- Hardware experience is required
- Experience on VDI is a plus
- Experience Installing, Configuring and Managing DNS and various other Active Directory related services a plus
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP principles, firewalls technology, routers, and other network protocols and technologies
As an industry leader for more than 75 years, the company has deep expertise in fund strategies, different investors’ requirements, multinational governance and private client estate planning. Operating from 40 countries across three continents, they have local knowledge across the world.
If you are someone who thrives in an amazing and rapidly changing environment then this is the role for you. There’s an opportunity to travel or work in different cities across some of the major business centres in North America, Europe and Asia.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.