Desktop Support Technician
Consultant Rexanne Gali
Date posted 24 October 2018 2018-10-242018-12-22 it 8767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
A global recruitment company present in 28 countries is looking to hire a Desktop Support Technician to be part of the Manila office.
About the Desktop Support Technician Role:
The Desktop Support Technician will install, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade all hardware and equipment to ensure optimal performance. The technician will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment
- Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorised peripheral equipment
- Deal with hardware and application support queries and issues reported to the support desk and escalated to the Desktop Support Administrator
- The go-to-person for local business as the IT subject matter expert
- Maintain IT records and tracking for area of responsibility
- Develop technical knowledge of each system within company profile and specialised knowledge of certain nominated areas
The successful Desktop Support Technician must be proficient in supporting Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, Windows 2003/2008, Advanced support of Microsoft Office Suites and has working knowledge of Microsoft AD.
- CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician) or CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) highly preferred
- More than five years of IT work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Basic knowledge in networking, LAN / WAN technologies
- Knowledgeable with current Microsoft operating system, office suite and Windows 10
- Maintain individual queue within Remedy; resolving an appropriate number of tickets within the required SLA
- Can work independently, is trustworthy and approachable
This company operates worldwide and is one of the best in the recruitment industry.
If you are customer focused and has strong vendor management, this Desktop Support Technician can help you take your career forward.
Apply today and call me to discuss this opportunity.