IT Governance Manager
Consultant Rexanne Gali
Date posted 07 May 20188767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
A rapidly expanding universal bank is looking for a talented IT Governance Manager to take on a newly created role. In this job, you will act as the central point for developing, maintaining, monitoring and enforcing IT policies and procedures.
About the IT Governance Manager Role:
The IT Governance Manager is responsible for supporting the management with its responsibilities in responding to requests from internal and external audit entities including reviewing requests, monitoring audit execution and reviewing findings with governance bodies. The role will review existing process alignment and compliance and ensure ongoing training and education on IT policies and best practices.
- Develop and implement IT policies, processes, procedures and controls in support business needs, internal policies and regulatory requirements
- Establish and maintain a framework to provide assurance that internal controls and processes meet best-practice and audit requirements as appropriate
- Review technology action plans to ensure reported finding and associated risks are addressed
- Coordinate and prepare reports for various Management Committees with a focus on accuracy, consistency and clarity
- Prepare monthly global dashboard (comprehensive IT reports including KPIs, KRIs, SLAs, project portfolio etc.) with drill down milestones
- Partners with operational areas within IT to build strong working relationships, improve workflow and solve organisational issues
The successful IT Governance Manager must possess proficient understanding of ISACA’s Generally Accepted Audit Standards and must have proficient understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and risk management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering
- 8-10 years of experience in a medium to large corporate organisation; financial services, insurance industry and / or management consulting experience a plus
- Experience in process definition and control definitions based on industry best practices
- Intermediate-level understanding of IT general controls (security, change management, disaster backup recovery, data center, etc.) and IT application control concepts (application processing controls, system reconciliations, interfaces, reports testing, workflows); proficient understanding of system development lifecycle methodology, operating system and database platforms (mainframe, client/server, Web services, Windows, UNIT, AS400, DB2, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including listening
This global bank is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur and operating in high growth economies in ASEAN. The group's business activities are primarily in the areas of Consumer Banking, Wholesale Banking, comprising Investment Banking and Corporate Banking, Treasury & Markets, and Group Strategy & Strategic Investments, with its core markets being Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand and now Philippines.
If you are enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-starter and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting IT Governance Manager job.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.