IT Security Analyst
Consultant Rexanne Gali
Date posted 12 April 20188767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
A rapidly expanding prestigious financial institution is looking for a talented IT Security Analyst to be part of their global team. This role is a security all-rounder position responsible for many facets of information security.
About the IT Security Analyst Role:
The IT Security Analyst job will be responsible in investigating and responding to security queries and escalations from internal and external sources, including managing the events from detection to classification as an incident, and through to closure. This role will be working closely with IT operations teams to ensure that system vulnerabilities and weaknesses are tracked to closure.
- Drive changes to improve security posture through a mix of tactical, and strategic security initiatives;
- Work with risk and audit teams to help manage the banks systems within risk appetite;
- Manage and monitor Security Monitoring Service Providers to ensure they perform as per SLA
- Security event investigation, analysis, tracking, response and reporting of suspected and actual incidents to relevant stakeholders in accordance with security incident management process
- Provide security advice and expertise and consultancy at all levels of the business and IT
- Contribute to Security Roadmap of the bank
The successful IT Security Analyst must have a proactive positive can-do attitude that has a curious mindset. The person must not only rely on existing tools, systems, and reports to identify security weaknesses and incidents, but someone that can think out of the box and get things done.
- Degree qualified or equivalent professional experience
- Technical certifications (e.g. SANS, CISSP)
- Three to five years' relevant IT experience, SOC (Security Operations Centre)
- Strong communication skills – can produce professional reports and communicate technical issues in non‑technical terms, both verbally and written
- Experience with the following security technologies
- Anti Virus
- Server Operating Systems (Windows / Linux)Vulnerability & compliance scanning tools
- Security Information and Event Management Systems
- Password and Privileged Access Management systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages
This company’s strengths include their well-known, strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, strong financial position, omnichannel distribution strategy and international network. It is currently among leaders in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index ‘Banks industry’ group.
If you are someone who has the ability to operate at own initiative with a pro-active attitude, then this is the role for you. This is an excellent opportunity to excel in a global company in a fastp-aced and complex environment.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.