Head of Finance Systems - VP
Consultant Alaine Martin
Date posted 08 November 2018 2018-11-082019-01-07 financial-services 8767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
A well-known bank is looking for a Head of Finance Systems - VP to be accountable for overseeing the financial accounting and reporting systems of the bank.
About the Head of Finance Systems - VP Role:
In this job, the Head of Finance Systems is a key contributor for the testing, design, evaluation and implementation of automated financial accounting and reporting systems.
- Evaluate the policies, processes, procedures and systems on financial accounting architecture particularly in relation to Chart of Accounts and GL-SL architecture and recommend enhancements for greater efficiency and optimisation of automated accounting processes
- Partner with IT to ensure that the necessary checks and controls are in place in order to ensure the consistent delivery of financial reports and that financial system availability is always within Service Level Agreement standard
- Identify the required process improvements to increase efficiency and optimise use of financial system vis-à-vis transaction processing systems (e.g. core banking system / credit cards system/ and treasury system)
- Evaluate the work of financial system programmers and consultants order to maximise the expenses paid on consultancy and system enhancements
- Conduct the evaluations of performance of financial accounting systems and Co-Lead Controllership in IT projects related to GL and SL (financial accounting and transaction processing systems)
The successful Head of Finance Systems - VP is likewise responsible for the proper coordination with IT and PMO on the implementation of transaction processing systems (e.g. core banking system) that will interface onto the financial accounting and reporting systems to ensure that the designed accounting architecture is properly put in place.
- At least 10 years’ experience in Banking and Systems Analysis
- Has a strong knowledge in Project Scoping and Project Management
- Extensive stakeholder management experience, Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders that persuades action
- Has perseverance, dependability, accountability for results
- Must be willing to work in Taguig City
This local bank has begun a journey of transformation to become one of the top banks in the country.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.