AVP and Business Unit Head
Consultant Laura Ojinaga
Date posted 27 April 20188767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
One of the major distributors of premium branded consumer products company in the local retail industry, is seeking a champion to lead one of their business units. Reporting to the VP, this is a role for a leader and strategically-minded individual.
About the AVP and Business Unit Head Role:
The AVP and Business Unit Head is responsible for the alignment of Sales and Marketing strategies to the overall business plans of the organisation. The role includes proper planning, forecasting, merchandising, marketing and formulation of sales and operations policies to further enhance company objectives.
This role will be based in Malate, Manila.
- Develops and implements business strategies that will help in attaining short term and long-term business objectives
- Leads the team in the strategic planning process and communicates the organisation's short and long-term objectives
- Conceptualises, formulates and implements marketing strategies taking into consideration customer profile, resource structure, major vendors, market/fashion trends, items and price points
- Understands and analyses relevant data from market and industry analysis, in relation to the components of the marketing plan per brand
- Identifies new market segments and target customers
- Ensures overall sales targets are met through proper planning, forecasting, budgeting, inventory assessment, merchandising, marketing and coordination with support services group
- Analyses pertinent data (i.e., market trend, seasonality, economy, buying behaviour, volume and revenue analysis) and use this data in allocating volume forecast to the different channels of distribution
- Analyses the impact of business results to the company’s financial objectives and makes necessary action or recommendation to the management on how to achieve or increase profit
To be successful in this role, you must possess at least five years' relevant work experience in a managerial or similar capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree, any related course preferably with post graduate studies or units (MBA)
- Possesses business acumen and critical thinking
- Innovative, creative and analytical
- Process and systems oriented
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft programmes
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills
The company carries international brands mostly lifestyle products. It’s now present and has since established business operations in retail, distribution and logistics in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
If you are a diligent and resilient individual and want to take the next step in your career, the AVP and Business Unit Head role is right for you.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.