Retail Merchandising Director
Consultant Laura Ojinaga
Date posted 03 May 20188767 Paseo De Roxas Makati City 1226 Robert Walters Philippines
One of the leading international sporting goods companies is looking for a Retail Merchandising Director with background in the retail industry. Reporting to the President, you will lead a team of five Business Unit Managers to grow sales for the company.
About the Retail Merchandising Director Role:
This role will develop merchandising strategies to drive and achieve sales and profit plans. This person should exude passion sports, show an extreme curiosity and knowledge in the industry, and have a forward-thinking mindset to anticipate the ever-changing trends within the sports space.
This position will be based in Makati City.
- Secure best goods for the lowest cost to the company and keep a close watch on inventory levels and the needs of customers
- Monitor sales histories of various products to maximise efficiency of retail price
- Work closely with the stores’ marketing team to ensure that products are given effective promotional attention
- Set prices to maximise profits and manage the performance of ranges, planning promotions and markdowns as necessary
- Working closely with visual-display staff and department heads to decide how goods should be displayed to maximise sales
- Plan product ranges and prepare sales and stock plans in conjunction with buyers;using specialist computer software, for example to handle sales statistics, produce sales projections and present spreadsheets and graphs
- Monitor slow sellers and taking action to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary
- Office-based but expected to visit stores or suppliers and occasionally attend trade fairs or fashion shows
To be successful in this role, you must possess 7-10 years' managerial experience in merchandising.
- Education: BA/BS in Accounting or Finance from a reputable university
- Strong analytical and numerical skills to work out budgets and understand sales figures
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic and creative environment and to quickly identify problems and recommend solutions
- Sound decision-making skills and the ability to plan and prioritise
- Enjoys working in product management and sales for all markets
- Can work well as part of a team and to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people
The company is one of the most aggressive brands in terms of business development. It has expanded market reach through 48 stand-alone boutiques and has positioned itself in 45 SM Department Stores, Robinson’s Department Stores, Landmark, specialty sports houses such as Toby’s, Olympic Village, Royal Sporting House, and Sports Central among others.
If you are a champion with the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next and deliver the right product, at the right price, in the right places, at the right time, then the Retail Merchandising Director opportunity is the right one for you.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.