General Manager (Shipping)
Consultant Brandon Teoh
Date posted 13 September 20192019-09-20 2019-11-12 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Makati National Capital Region PH PHP 250000 350000 350000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
One of the leading global shipping companies specialising in the provision of move and record management is now seeking a high calibre General Manager (Shipping) to oversee shipping services within the Philippines as well to steer the business in its next phase of growth.
About the General Manager (Shipping) Role:
Reporting to the Regional Director, you are required to lead, manage and improve the entire P&L in support of the group’s business activities within the Philippines.
- Promote the business’s interests in the Philippines and for develop the local operations in accordance with the company needs
- Drive cost leadership both locally and on behalf of the relevant business units (BUs), and meet relevant KPIs
- Lead the entire business and leadership team in the Philippines, providing strategic direction and tactical support
- Develop talent for succession planning through all levels of the organisation
- Build major client relationships to sustain organic growth
- Build a continuous improvement culture, introducing best practice, new ideas and opportunities
- Ensure adequate resources are in place to deliver to target and continue to grow
- Ensure employee engagement is a top priority for the country management team
To succeed in this General Manager (Shipping) role, you are required to possess a least seven years' proven experience in an overall general management role in the shipping or shared service industry with regional exposure.
- Experience of successfully leading a business (unit) within the shipping or shared service industry
- Proven track record in all aspects of financial, commercial and operations management
- Experience in strategy development, change management and generate/ build client relationships
- Record of operational efficiency and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage a team of junior managers secretarial and support staff and operational supervisors
- Be able to efficiently manage and control assets of the company
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of financial, commercial and legal related matters an advantage
This company is front runner in the field of high performance shipping/vessel services. They revolutionised the industry with their innovative products and have steadily increased their market share on the global front within the logistics distribution and supply chain industry.
If you have a successful track record in leading, a people’s man and improvement initiatives, this is an excellent opportunity to take your career forward with a progressive industry leader as its General Manager (Shipping) based in Makati.
Apply today or email to email@example.com.