Salary Attractive Package
Location National Capital RegionFULL_TIME
Consultant Brandon Teoh
Date posted 20 September 20192019-09-20 2019-11-19 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain National Capital Region National Capital Region PH PHP 60000 120000 120000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As a result of ongoing and continued success both within Philippines and internationally, this global leader within the logistics space is recruiting a Transport Manager. In this job, you will join its international division based in National Capital Region.
About the Transport Manager Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for planning and strategising the transport management services’ (TMS) operational efficiency, on-time and quality services in meeting the overall organisational objectives. You will identify and manage transport optimisation opportunities, maximising flexibility at the most cost-effective service. You will also lead and coach subordinates in performing their roles and responsibilities effectively.
- Ensure proper planning and execution of the daily operations activities in compliance with the SOPs, achieving the operational KPIs and meeting customer expectations
- Responsible for transport P&L, transport vendor selection, RFP and service level agreements with transport partners
- Liaise and coordinate with third-party suppliers (such as transporters, contractors and others) in meeting operational needs and the performance level (KPIs) of the third-party suppliers
- Prepare TMS performance reports for management reviews
- Maintain good customer relationships by providing high quality customer service, meeting customer requirements and standards as well as identifying ways to exceed their expectations
- Provide consistent quality customer service through improving work processes and procedures, compliance to SOPs and established business rules, and providing support and investigation to all customer complaints
- Develop and implement productivity initiatives in improving efficiency and productivity of the TMS operations through better utilisation and optimisation of resources
- Responsible for transport qualification and quality system in compliance with GDP, EHS and any organisational and/or customers' standard requirements, and the implementation of transport projects and TMS systems
- Identify and implement effective cost-saving initiatives
- Implement safety and security policies and procedures, and audit for TMS
The successful Transport Manager must be driven, self-motivated and results-oriented, and have the ability to think like a leader with a passion to develop people and processes.
- Five years' experience in a DC operations or supply chain role
- Bachelor's degree or higher in any field or discipline
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- People person – confident, assertive and a keen problem solver
- Experience working in a 3PL is advantageous
This company is much more than a logistics firm and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive you career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Transport Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground in the logistics distribution and supply chain industry.
Apply today or email to Brandon.firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.