Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Nikita Cuevas
Job Ref 1862540/001
Date posted 10 January 2023philippines tech-transformation/business-intelligence-and-analytics 2023-01-10 2023-03-11 insurance Makati National Capital Region PH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An outstanding Data Engineer job has just become available at a leading insurance company which supports social and economic progress across Asia, while also advancing the reach and impact of life insurance across the region.
About the Data Engineer Role:
The Data Engineer role will be responsible for modelling moderately complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities using advanced analytics, data mining and data visualisation techniques. In addition to advanced analytics skills, this individual should be proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, designing specialised database and computing environments.
- Implement ETL pipelines in Azure cloud environment for reporting and analytics projects
- Monitor and support existing BAU pipelines in Azure cloud platform
- Provide infrastructure support to Azure cloud platform users as a part of the admin team
- Perform BAU activities including the monitoring of the existing data pipelines, issue investigation and defect fixing
- Implement ETL pipelines for reporting or data science project in Azure cloud environment
- Liaise with BI developers, data scientists and business units on project delivery and infrastructure support
- Conduct proof of concept on new use cases or component provision
- Provide ideas and suggestions in continuous improvement of the data platform – such as operationalisation, DevOps, monitoring and security
- Lead the development of business continuity, recovery plans, and security within the shared service teams. Interact with the management and staff across functions, levels, and geographic areas: actuarial, finance, marketing, agency, IT, senior management and others as required
- Good presentation skills and good communication skills with good command of written and spoken English
To succeed in this Data Engineer role, you will need to have a strong product background, an inclination for business with a start-up mindset, always curious, always willing to experiment, and always on your feet.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in data engineering/cloud
- Experience or knowledge in ETL/data streaming solution implementation for reporting and analytics
- Experience and/or knowledge in data modeling, data transformation, data warehousing and data lake
- Proficient in at least one of the following languages: pyspark, scala, SQL
- Good communication in English
Nice to have:
- Experience and/or knowledge in Azure solutions – Azure SQL DB, Azure Storage Account, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, etc.
- Experience in ETL pipeline implementation in Databricks
- Experience and/or knowledge in BI solutions such as Tableau and PowerBI
This global company has always been focused on technology and digital innovations and delivers top-notch IT solutions and services to its global client portfolio.
If you are a passionate and technically equipped with expertise in Data Engineer, this role is yours for the taking. Great opportunities await the right person in this Data Engineer role.
Apply today to discuss about the opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PhilippinesDate posted: 17 January 2023An outstanding Agile Coach job has just become available at a leading insurance company which supports social and economic progress across Asia, while also advancing the reach and impact of life insurance across the region.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: TaguigDate posted: 17 January 2023An exciting DevOps Engineer job has become available at a multinational insurance provider company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PhilippinesDate posted: 17 January 2023An exciting Integration Principal Architect job opportunity has become available at a multinational insurance company based in the Philippines.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PhilippinesDate posted: 16 January 2023An exciting Solutions Architect (Power Platform) job opportunity has become available at a multinational insurance firm in the Philippines.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PhilippinesDate posted: 10 January 2023An exciting Technology Head job has just become available at one of the most respected insurance companies in PH.