Database Administrator (SQL Server)
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Alyana Marie Manzon
Job Ref 1833730/001
Date posted 04 August 2022philippines tech-transformation/operations 2022-08-04 2022-10-03 insurance Bonifacio Global City PH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.ph https://www.robertwalters.com.ph/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Database Administrator (SQL Server) job opportunity has become available at a global insurance firm.
About the Database Administrator (SQL Server) Role:
A global insurance firm is looking for an experienced Database Administrator who will be providing technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organisation of the databases, assessment, and implementation of new technologies, and providing Engineering with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
- Manage, configure, and maintain existing database in the organisation in a hybrid on-premises and cloud environment (IAAS and PAAS)
- Make recommendations for database structure improvements and database models
- Perform database administration tasks related to backup and log file maintenance
- Work with the development team to help review data model updates, improvements, and new structures
- Analyse any slow-running database processes and make recommendations to solve performance issues
- Review existing database models and maintain documentation
- Establish databases standards and best practices
- Participate in the selection of emerging technology and tools
- Collaborate with other DBAs, architects, and engineers on data model designs and solutions
- Assist team members with issue resolution and mitigation, and team dynamics. Evolve internal team standards, procedures, processes, and best practices to ensure efficient resource utilisation
The successful Database Administrator (SQL Server) must be able to act as a subject-matter expert in SQL server database management system and must have excellent organisational skills, multitasking abilities, and proven analytical, methodological thinking, problem-solving, and decision making skills.
- Five or more years in database operations with a strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Three to five years of SQL server database administration experience
- Experience with Azure Cloud Platform (Azure SQL, Cosmos DB, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks)
- Experience in database management and administration, database tuning and optimisation, high availability (HA), and disaster recovery (DR) implementation
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following subject areas: computer science, engineering, information
This global insurance company has established itself within its field. They are a multinational leader and are focused on their expertise, which is providing data-driven, insight-led solutions as a global advisory, broking, and solutions company.
If you are driven, determined, and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Database Administrator (SQL Server) role.
Apply now to learn more.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PhilippinesDate posted: 04 August 2022An exciting Solutions Architect (Power Platform) job opportunity has become available at a multinational insurance firm in the Philippines.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PhilippinesDate posted: 04 August 2022An exciting IT Data Analyst job opportunity has become available at a opened for a global insurance firm in the Philippines.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: TaguigDate posted: 29 July 2022An exciting DevOps Engineer role is now available in a multinational insurance provider company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: National Capital RegionDate posted: 29 July 2022An exciting DevOps Engineer job is now available in a multinational insurance provider.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: MakatiDate posted: 18 July 2022An international fintech company is seeking a Database Administrator Lead. In this job, you will join the growing team in the Philippines.