Leveraging LinkedIn and Building Your Network
In Partnership with LinkedIn
Welcome to your LinkedIn Masterclass. Here we will explore how to navigate LinkedIn during your job hunt and how to leverage on your LinkedIn network to enhance your job search process.
- How to search and find the right jobs for you on LinkedIn
- How to enhance your LinkedIn Profile to get you noticed
- Improving your visibility and building your personal brand
- Knowing who to connect with and the strategy involved in your LinkedIn connections
- Leveraging your personal network to enhance your job search
With Matthew Davis, Senior Customer Success Manager
A LinkedIn masterclass from one of the experts. Join Matt Davis in a one off webinar delving into the intricate details of how to maximise your usage of LinkedIn during your job search.
- The official representation of your professional profile
- Make sure your profile is current and up to date
- Activate the 'Open To Work' feature on your profile to increase your visibility
- Set up job alerts for the latest job adverts
- Leverage the social aspect of LinkedIn and reach out to your network
- Develop your industry and sector knowledge and insights
- Use the advanced search feature so you're getting the relevant roles for you
LinkedIn Profile Optimisation
The LinkedIn profile page is the foundation for your personal branding. With regular new features added to increase its capabilities as a personal marketing platform, your LinkedIn profile provides the perfect platform to signal your skills and motivations. If you haven’t checked your profile page recently, you might well find new ways to build your personal brand.
- Choose the right profile picture
- Add a background image
- Add a 'about me' section that is truly unique to you
- Avoid overusing buzzwords
- Grow your network
- Maintain weekly activity
- Add relevant skills
- Showcase your learnings
Your LinkedIn profile guidelines
The LinkedIn job search guidebook
Finding your right job on LinkedIn
Looking for a job is hard work. Before you roll up your sleeves and start firing off resumes, consider stepping back to take a more strategic approach.
Discover how to maximise your search on LinkedIn and how to use your LinkedIn network during your job search.
Download the LinkedIn Job Search guide and get your job hunt started today!
Learn more about how you can find your next role on LinkedIn with top tips here.
Networking and Personal Branding
With Miya Toh, Principal Consultant
Robert Walters Singapore
- Networking is a great route to pave the way to your next opportunity
- Networking, or professional relationship building, is a way of getting yourself out there (both online and offline) and meeting professionals who work in your profession or industry
- Your network - who you know and who your contacts know - can be very powerful and should be maximised during the job search
- The goal of networking is to create a professional network that you can tap into when looking for your next opportunity, to keep you updated on industry trends and insights, or you might even find a mentor through your network – the possibilities are endless